Veritas Gravitas and the MBA Oath
Here is the website in question the MBA Oath
In my opinion it is window dressing, ethics, values and principles is not something you can swear a voluntary compliance with … it is something that you learn through life, either in essential relationship with your parents and during your childhood or you learn it in the military or in some sort of value driven public service organisation …. that actually does something … to the oath giver .. it is the basis of honour, truth, loyalty …. values which have a profound meaning …
For those that take the oath and it is not part of their soul, it will have no effect on their lives, the whole idea that you can swear a voluntary adherence to leading a life based on ethics and principles is a nonsense …
It might look good on your PR brochure but it means nothing … as they will always default to the values that they learnt .. usually a reflection of the society as whole that values nothing, create nothing .. and only values consumption and excess.. and money of course.
Only those leaders that have grown up in an ethical and principled based learning environment or those exceptional military leaders that know that the result of their work has to create value for all … such voluntary oaths are of no real value to society .. otherwise this comes back to the essence of society .. that it looks good, sounds good … but means nothing … unless you are swearing compliance with something that has teeth or means something to the oath giver … its just so much spin.
Which it seems all our society is about …
Its gets more political as we move forward .. it is about how it looks, how it sounds rather than how it actually is…
- On the Edge – Part 6 – the purposeful control of your Information.
- A Challenge to the West
- Paris – is still an opportunity to learn and change.
- Guidance for Transitions
- On the Edge of the Abyss – Part 5 – Media
- Microsoft Outlook 2011 for Mac – a poor experience!
- Beliefs & Ideologies – “On the Edge” – Part 4
- Politics – “On the Edge” – Part 3
- Retail and Consumerism – “On the Edge” – Part 2
- A Paradigm of Control – “On the Edge” – Part 1
- Have reverence for the source of life, the God within, that which we all are - Flow and seek your meaning where you can ~ #intmf 3 hours ago
- If not us, who? If not now, when? - John F. Kennedy #change 3 hours ago
- A wise person does not intend harm to self or to others. A wise person intends benefit for self, for other, and for the whole world - Buddha 4 hours ago
- We Are Actively Forcing People to Choose Between Dying in Their War-torn Country and Dying in the Sea - huff.to/1nRT8DL 4 hours ago
- The just, the noble, the humane and devoted are not the leaders of a revolution. They are its victims - Joseph Conrad 5 hours ago
Engagement a Point of View by David Sanders is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at https://ozroamer.wordpress.com.