Veritas Gravitas and the MBA Oath
Here is the website in question the MBA Oath
In my opinion it is window dressing, ethics, values and principles is not something you can swear a voluntary compliance with … it is something that you learn through life, either in essential relationship with your parents and during your childhood or you learn it in the military or in some sort of value driven public service organisation …. that actually does something … to the oath giver .. it is the basis of honour, truth, loyalty …. values which have a profound meaning …
For those that take the oath and it is not part of their soul, it will have no effect on their lives, the whole idea that you can swear a voluntary adherence to leading a life based on ethics and principles is a nonsense …
It might look good on your PR brochure but it means nothing … as they will always default to the values that they learnt .. usually a reflection of the society as whole that values nothing, create nothing .. and only values consumption and excess.. and money of course.
Only those leaders that have grown up in an ethical and principled based learning environment or those exceptional military leaders that know that the result of their work has to create value for all … such voluntary oaths are of no real value to society .. otherwise this comes back to the essence of society .. that it looks good, sounds good … but means nothing … unless you are swearing compliance with something that has teeth or means something to the oath giver … its just so much spin.
Which it seems all our society is about …
Its gets more political as we move forward .. it is about how it looks, how it sounds rather than how it actually is…
- On the Edge of the Abyss – Part 5 – Media
- Microsoft Outlook 2011 for Mac – a poor experience!
- Beliefs & Ideologies – “On the Edge” – Part 4
- Politics – “On the Edge” – Part 3
- Retail and Consumerism – “On the Edge” – Part 2
- A Paradigm of Control – “On the Edge” – Part 1
- Ascension (for some) – A fantasy?
- “On the Edge” – Preface and Index
- Meditation – a beginning
- A Significant Life Challenge – what happens to our thinking …
- Retail and Consumerism – from my series, "On the Edge", Part 2 - a comment on our time - bit.ly/1HjdZpM 10 minutes ago
- A quiet mind is all you need. All else will happen rightly, once your mind is quiet - Nisargadatta Maharaj 59 minutes ago
- Let our approach to life be neither one of attachment nor detachment, but instead of empathy and understanding ~ David Sanders #Namaste ✔ 1 hour ago
- The loneliest are the kindest. The saddest the brightest. The most damaged the wisest. All because they don't want anyone else to suffer :) 2 hours ago
- One doesn't have to come from great #malice to do great #harm, #apathy and #indifference are enough :) #inequality #ClimateChange 3 hours ago
Engagement a Point of View by David Sanders is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at https://ozroamer.wordpress.com.